Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'Gallery
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'
Our Bavaria Cruiser 42 “Chinook” is ideal for long-distance passage making, lazy island hopping or weekend sailing alike. Built to full off-shore standards, this yacht is ocean pedigree and ideal for your Grenada Yacht Charter.
Accommodation includes two double aft cabins sharing a large head and shower and a double master cabin with private head and shower. The saloon is palatial with a large seating area and loads of headroom. The chart table is designed for seagoing navigation and communications and the galley, with two fridges, a two-burner stove and oven, double stainless sink and ample storage, will cater for full crew in any capacity.
With a split helm and large cockpit, the steering position on the Bavaria Cruiser 42 is well sheltered aft and shaded by a large bimini. The full-batten mainsail is protected but a stak-pack and features lazy-jacks and the roller-furling Genoa is protected by a UV strip.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters provide on all our Yachts.
So if you are looking for a large easily worked galley, front opening fridge, and a seagoing navigation area wrapped in 42 feet of solid sailing potential, then you have to see the Bavaria 42 Cruiser. Featuring a modern-profile keel, ample sail area with either fully battened or furling mainsail, this is a yacht that is equally at home far from shore or at a secluded anchorage.
You can download the Bavaria 42 2005 Operations Manual here.
Would you like to check availability on this Bavaria Cruiser 42? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'Specifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 43' / 13.1 m
- Beam (width)
- 13' 1" / 3.99 m
- 18,739 lbs / 8,500 kg
- Air Conditioning
- Sail area
- 1,119 ft2 / 104 m2
- Draft (depth)
- 5' 11" / 1.8 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 40 gal / 151 L
- Water capacity
80 gal / 303 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Volvo / D2-55
- Engine size (standard)
- 55 hp / 41 kW
- No. of engines
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'Reviews
Jeff Bowering, Bavaria 42 "Chinook", Feb. 3 – 23, 2015
Great boat, fantastic sailing and plenty of wind!
Bowman O’Connor, Chinook Bavaria 42– Apr. 30 to May 21, 2015 - Grenada
The boat equipment was far better than any charters I’ve had. You provided excellent safety equipment!
Scott Bradford, April 9 – 18, 2017
Great boat, Great service, Great value
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'Enquire
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Bavaria 42 (2005) 'Chinook'Terms & Conditions
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $1000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2015 – 2016 (from October 1st 2015)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1000.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.