Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'Gallery
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'
Horizon Yacht Charters in St Vincent are delighted to present “Dolphin Dance II”, a Jeanneau 45DS St Vincent charter yacht.
The Jeanneau 45DS is an exceptional cruising yacht offering serious sailing performance and with great lines and contemporary styling this yacht really stands out from the crowd. Her flexible berth arrangements make her perfect for 2 or 3 couples or families.
Above decks the cockpit is similar in size to a 50ft boat and is exceptionally laid out with dual helms, sail controls close to hand and well placed electronics. A large bimini and dodger protect the cockpit space.
Below decks it is immediately evident that the raised deck pays huge dividends in terms of volume and light, as well as giving high headroom. An L shaped galley and tons of storage space make for easy living.
Cruising World magazine made the following remarks about this model:
“With the introduction of the Sun Odyssey 45 DS, Jeanneau now has a full range from 42 to 54 feet of deck saloon yachts with the sweeping deck lines and snake’s-pupil windows that characterize the style of designer Vittorio Garroni. From the sheerline down, the hull and interior come from the pen of Philippe Briand, recognized for his talents in drawing both racing and cruising sailboats.
This boat aims to have appeal for sailors of both, wrapping a slippery hull around a finely appointed interior that’s modern in both its appearance and in the features it emphasizes. The focal point below, of course, is the area under the raised deck that encloses galley, saloon, and a nav/utility desk in an integrated, high headroom space filled with light from the large windows in both house and hull.”
Would you like to check availability on this Jeanneau 45DS? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in St Vincent and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'Specifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 45' 1" / 13.75 m
- Beam (width)
- 14' 4" / 4.37 m
- Air Conditioning
- Draft (depth)
- 5' 6" / 1.68 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 63 gal / 238 L
- Water capacity
163 gal / 617 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Shaft Drive
- Engine size (standard)
- 54 hp / 40 kW
- No. of engines
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'Reviews
John Pacyga, "Dolphin Dance" Jeanneau 45DS from Nov. 25th to Dec. 2nd 2015, St Vincent.
I just want to let you know what a fabulous experience we had. All of us agreed that the trip was made even better with Collin as the captain. He certainly is a big asset for your company. I would recommend him to anyone that was a novice sailor or even a experience one. Again I cannot impress on you enough how great Collin was. Please let Lisa at Blue lagoon know. We did tell her, but we would like to also let you know what a great job she did.
Greg and Lynda Jo, Jeanneau 45DS "Dolphin Dance II", St Vincent & the Grenadines Feb/March 2016
We greatly enjoyed our sail on Dolphin Dance and the service and support of yourself and all the Horizon staff.
We are certain this sail has been the best of all of our 8 or so Caribbean charters. We met many local Vincentians and Grenadines on this trip, it’s one of the things we try to seek out, and that made this trip particularly special. It’s something to feel one is leaving friends when returning from new places!
Kind Regards to you and all at Horizon
Michel and Renee, Dolphin Dance II, Jeanneau 45 DS, April-May 2016.We recently returned from a fantastic sail in the Grenadines (from St-Vincent to Grenada). The boat, a 45 foot Jeanneau (Dolphin Dance II) made it a very comfortable journey and we were lucky to have a fantastic local skipper – Collin Laborde. This guy knows these islands very intimately, the best spots to anchor, and coached us in maneuvering our boat safely and comfortably.We could also fish for fresh stuff right out of behind our cockpit and he prepared the fish and cooked with us. We end up calling him “Captain Cook !!!”He was also very respectful of our intimacy and knew the places to shop for local fare or directly from fishermen.We totally loved it and we will come back!
Robert Shields, Dolphin Dance – Jeanneau 45, August 20 – September 3 2016, St Lucia to Grenada
Just wanted to send you a quick note of appreciation for letting us take Dolphin Dance for the last two weeks. My crew and I had a delightful time and were thoroughly impressed with your operation. In the Caribbean, we had sailed the BVI previously, but never St. Lucia, the Grenadines, or Grenada. After consulting with the rest of the crew, I think we’re keen to possibly make a return trip in the future and if so would love to work with you again.
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your St Vincent yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for dinghy gas at the charter start and then fuel used at the end of charter at the marina office.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with CD player and aux input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
If you would like to purchase a discounted copy of the Sailors Guide to the Windward Islands in advance of your charter you can do so here.
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'Enquire
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Jeanneau 45DS (2009) 'Dolphin Dance'Terms & Conditions
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All St Vincent Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Sleepaboard fees and equipment rental are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Yacht Charter rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year 10 nights) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $150 per night) and $100 per cabin for boats with shore Air Condition (minimum of $200 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohull yachts and $50 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $1000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- St Vincent Hotels and St Vincent accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2015 – 2016 (from October 1st 2015)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Start charter in Grenada US$1000.00
- Finish charter in Grenada US$800.00
Bookings & Cancellations
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Yacht Charters.
St Vincent Charter rates are subject to change without notice.