Jeanneau 50DS (2009)Gallery
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)
‘Steele the Wind’ is a superb Jeanneau 50 DS available for charter in Horizon’s St Vincent fleet.
Philippe Briand designed the Jeanneau 50 DS high performance hull, while the Garroni Designers lent her an elegant style. Together, they have conceived the ideal sailboat to meet your every expectation:
- Fluid lines
- Design and construction certified by the Bureau Veritas
- A streamlined keel and appendices for excellent performance at sea
and the comfortable, modern interior of a new generation of Sun Odyssey. You will appreciate the ease of handling this large seafaring sailboat.
The three-part cockpit features twin steering wheels at the helm, an open-air saloon with comfortable bench seating for entertaining around a generously-sized cockpit table, and an additional lounge area for relaxing while underway. Large winches and a powerful electric windlass facilitate handling.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters provides on all our Yachts.
Would you like to check availability on this Jeanneau 50 DS? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in St Vincent and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Come and see the best of the Grenadines from this luxurious and sleek sailboat.
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)Specifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 48' 11" / 14.9 m
- Beam (width)
- 14' 8" / 4.48 m
- Air Conditioning
- Draft (depth)
- 5' 9" / 1.74 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 63 gal / 240 L
- Water capacity
161 gal / 610 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Shaft Drive
- Engine size (standard)
- 110 hp / 82 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 64' 4" / 19.6 m
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)Reviews
Becky Beeler, Jan 2017, Jeanneau 50DS 'Steele the Wind', St Vincent & the Grenadines.
Wonderful experience; beautiful islands; Greg (the skipper) made everything easy & fun – great recommendations for snorkeling and activities ashore Great stories about the area and people.
Morrell, St Vincent & the Grenadines, January 2017
We really enjoyed our charter mid January. We arrived at the airport at Kingstown St Vincent, were picked up as planned and were dropped off at the Blue Lagoon Hotel where we spent the night. We took over the boat ‘Steele the Wind’ the following morning.
All went well and Horizon were very helpful and organised. We had not planned to do a great deal of sailing as we have a friend who lives in Bequia who was having a birthday party, so after accepting the boat, the two of us sailed to Bequia. A really great sail of only about an hour and a half. After two nights of partying (!!) we collected our friends Roger and Sally, who had made their way separately to Bequia, and set off to the south.
A brilliant four to five hours with a perfect wind took us down to Salt Whistle Bay on the island of Mayreau. A very busy anchorage where locals acted as parking attendants to squeeze in as many boats as possible to maximize customers for their shore barbeque where they fed us an excellent dinner.
The following morning we did the very short passage round to the Tobago Keys. There followed two nights of gorgeous weather, lovely snorkelling with turtles cruising about everywhere and lobster dinners ashore. Could not have been better. We then returned to Bequia to drop off our friends. This was another lovely sail with a wind that could not have been better. One more night at Bequia before a great beat to windward back to the Blue Lagoon Marina to return the boat to Horizon.
Our whole time in the Grenadines could not have been better, our friends, not being experienced sailors, told us that it was the best part of their holiday.
You did ask for some photos. Unfortunately none of us got round to taking any as we were enjoying ourselves so much…
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your St Vincent yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for dinghy gas at the charter start and then fuel used at the end of charter at the marina office.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with CD player and aux input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
If you would like to purchase a discounted copy of the Sailors Guide to the Windward Islands in advance of your charter you can do so here.
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)Enquire
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 21
Find Your Rate
Jeanneau 50DS (2009)Terms & Conditions
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All St Vincent Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Sleepaboard fees and equipment rental are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Yacht Charter rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year 10 nights) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $150 per night) and $100 per cabin for boats with shore Air Condition (minimum of $200 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $40.00 per day (max $400) for monohull yachts and $50 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $1000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $150.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $175.00 per day and Cooks from $130.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- St Vincent Hotels and St Vincent accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2015 – 2016 (from October 1st 2015)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Start charter in Grenada US$1000.00
- Finish charter in Grenada US$800.00
Bookings & Cancellations
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Yacht Charters.
St Vincent Charter rates are subject to change without notice.