Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Gallery
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'
Horizon Yacht Charters Grenada Base are delighted to offer this fabulous Lagoon 440 charter catamaran ‘Alize’ to our yacht charter guests. The Lagoon 440 was voted “Best Charter Catamaran 2005” by Cruising World.
Boarding the Lagoon 440 catamaran from the transom, yacht charter guests step into the lounge-like, aft deck cockpit area which features a semi u-shaped bench seating arrangement. A fixed solid bimini provides cover for this area and a wet bar located before the saloon entrance is a great facility for on-deck living. The forward seating area by the trampoline provides additional space for sunbathing and relaxing.
A bimini-shaded fly-bridge provides excellent visibility for the helm on the Lagoon 440 charter catamaran and incorporates a long bench seat for crew. All lines are led to the fly-bridge making the yacht easy to sail when short handed.
Below decks the saloon area is exceptionally bright with large vertical windows offering panoramic views and plenty of light. Seating is carefully thought out with a console settee and an L-shaped bench settee opposite. An oval coffee table, which can be replaced with the wood cockpit table, really makes this area multi functional. The fully equipped galley with fridge, 3–burner stove with separate oven and ample, stainless steel counter-tops (including 3 sinks) completes the below decks living area. A generator and air conditioning provides the ultimate comfort in Caribbean sailing.
There are 4 well-appointed double cabins with plentiful hanging and storage space. The cabins are located in each aft and forward hull and each cabin is served with its own spacious shower and head. There is one additional single berth with deck hatch access located in the port forepeak with a head in the starboard forepeak.
Charter guests can look forward to a truly luxurious Grenada sailing vacation aboard this Lagoon 440 charter catamaran.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters provides on all our Yachts. Would you like to check availability on this Yacht?
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Specifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 44' / 13.4 m
- Beam (width)
- 25' 4" / 7.71 m
- Air Conditioning
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 4" / 1.31 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 169 gal / 640 L
- Water capacity
240 gal / 910 L
- Engine size (standard)
- 53 hp / 39 kW
- No. of engines
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Videos
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Reviews
Nick Parker, Alize Lagoon 440 Catamaran– Jan. 3 – 9, 2015.
Great holiday! Thanks to the Horizon team.
Roberts James, Lagoon 440 "Alize", Mar. 15 – 25, 2015, Grenada
All personnel and people we met were very friendly and helpful!
Mark Tamuta, Alize Lagoon 440, Apr. 20 to 30, 2015 Grenada
All round excellent experience!
Neil (Knoxville TN), Lagoon 440 "Alize", July 2015, Grenada
Our adult family of 6 (3 couples) had a week on Alize in late July. Judy made all pre-arrival arrangements efficiently and provided lots of extra info to help us plan. Alize was presented very well upon arrival, lacked nothing and met our needs perfectly. Bernadette’s chart briefing made the week on board go very smoothly – especially all the pre-filled customs documents and the many recommendations for various services and vendors along our route.
The whole Grenada Horizon crew (office and dock staff alike) are a great team and helped make our charter a very memorable experience. Judy also found us a great guide for a day-long island tour. Thanks everyone!!
Mike Carolan, Alize, July 7 – 16, 2015, Grenada
Very informative briefing both regarding history of boat and sailing area; Selwyn did an excellent job.
Neil Quigley, Alize, June 25 – Aug. 1, 2015, Grenada
I will definitely recommend HYC to others.
Ben Whiteman, Alize – January 15 - 21, 2017
Horizon did everything they could to make the trip stress-free and were prepared if anything went wrong. Wonderful service! Would definitely come again Thanks!
Bruce Campbell, Alize – March 19 – 26, 2016
Heiden was WONDERFUL, Cuthbert was also very good.
Thank you for the perfect support! It was a great vacation!
Joseph Doller, February 9 – 23, 2017
It was a wonderful time with excellent support from Horizon.
Nabeel Alsalam, April 9 – 16, 2017
Alize is a good boat and she performs well. Horizon served us beautifully.
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Enquire
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Lagoon 440 (2005) 'Alize'Terms & Conditions
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $1000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2015 – 2016 (from October 1st 2015)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1000.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.