Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'Gallery
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'
Horizon Yacht Charters in the BVI is delighted to present our Nautitech Fly 46 ‘Nova‘ by Bavaria catamarans.
Let’s start at the top! The Nautitech Fly 46 Fly bridge seats 10 with ease on the upper deck, and has a vast amount more space here than any other cat in her class.
The 46 Fly is luxuriously appointed throughout, with beautiful light oak joinery, a hard wearing walnut synthetic veneer cabin sole, and the signature “Open’ concept cockpit, that combines with the saloon, to give a huge, single level space, for true panoramic sailing and living. Uniquely, the 46 has 6 interior showers in this 4 double cabin configuration. In addition to the heads with showers, each hull also has a dedicated shower cubicle – perfect if you want to keep the heads as ‘dry areas’, or you need to get 6 teenagers to a dinner reservation on time. There are single berths in the forepeaks.
This Nautitech Fly 46 has a roller-furling mainsail with battens. A self-tacking jib makes life simple, and you can be under full sail, single handed in under a minute. Add horsepower with an optional gennaker* flown off the bowsprit. With the down wind sail set on a continuous furler, it is as easy as rolling out your jib.
Amongst the many Horizon specific features are:
- Air Conditioning (40,000 BTU) powered by a 9KW Onan Generator
- 4 Cabin + 2 Forpeak birthswith room for 10
- 4 Separate wet baths with electric heads + two full showers
- Leather couch/Dining Table that makes into a bed plus a chaise lounge
- Front opening windows for ventilation
- Dimmable LED main and accent lights throughout
- 2 Drawer 182L Refrigerators, a 61L Freezer, and in counter 85L drink ice box
- FUSION Marine Audio with Bluetooth, Salon, cockpit, and Fly Bridge Speakers
- Fly Bridge/Sails
- Self-Tacking Solent Jib makes sailing easy
- Rolling Furler battened Main sail perfect for the short trips in the BVI’s
- Garmin 7412 Chart Plotter/GPS/Autopilot
- Electric windlass control and chain counter at Helm
- Three Electric Winches at Helm
- Two 55HP Volvo Penta Engines
- Teak Table with Seating for 10 on FlyBridgewith blue LED Courtesy Lighting
- Ready Fall 2017 – Full Bimini Cover for FlyBridge
- FlexTeak Cockpit floors with Teak table makes into an outside bed or can be enclosed
- Front deck lounge area with bar storage and seating for 4
- 11ft Dinghy with 15hp motor
The 46 Fly sailed at 16 knots on delivery from the factory. Andrew Thompson, Director of Horizon, who sailed her from La Rochelle to Southampton, commented that she was incredibly well mannered and easy to sail in double digits, and knows there is a a lot more in the tank!
“We averaged 8.75 knots over the final 100 miles. This is a cat with the best bridge deck in class, a beautiful interior, first class construction, that gets up and seriously goes, with no fuss at all.”
You can see the photos from the Fly 46 on delivery passage from La Rochelle to the UK in September 2016 on our Facebook page here.
Would you like to check availability on this Nautitech Fly 46? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here. We offer a try before you buy on this yacht – charter her for up to a week and if you purchase her within 3 months we’ll deduct the cost of your charter from the purchase price. Only one 2016 model available!
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in the British Virgin Islands and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Some library images, actual yacht may differ slightly. *surcharge applies for gennaker package.
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'Specifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 45' / 13.71 m
- Beam (width)
- 24' 9" / 7.54 m
- 25,133 lbs / 11,400 kg
- Air Conditioning
- Sail area
- 1,152 ft2 / 107 m2
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 9" / 1.45 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Water capacity
2 x 79 gal / 2 x 300 L
- Engine make
- Volvo Penta
- Engine size (standard)
- 55 hp / 41 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 75' 2" / 22.9 m
- Rig options
- In-mast furling
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'Videos
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'
We frequently get asked “what’s included on my BVI yacht charter?”
Well, apart from guaranteed fun on the water when you charter a yacht with Horizon BVI, we hope the following list of charter yacht equipment provides you with a good idea of what you need to bring with you (and what you don’t!)
In addition to the comprehensive equipment lists below, please note all our bareboat catamarans are equipped with on-board Wifi.
Equipment On Board
All of Horizons’ British Virgin Island yachts have the following charter yacht equipment included on board:
- VHF Radio
- 11ft or 12ft R.I.B Dinghy and 9.9hp or 15hp outboard motor
- Charts and VI Guide
- Adult Lifejackets
- BBQ Grill
- Fire Extinguishers
- Through-hull Plugs
- Deck brush
- Cockpit table
- Linens and towels
- Beach towels
- Clothes pegs
- Speedo and depth-sounder
- Wind indicator
- Electric windlass
- Cellular Boatphone
- First Aid Kit
- Flare Kit
- Tool Kit
- Boat Hook
- Signal Horn
- Duct Tape
- Bucket with Lanyard
- Cockpit cushions
- Cooler or deck cooler
- All galley and cooking utensils
- 12V Outlet
- 110 Volt Inverter to charge laptops etc
- Autopilot in all yachts 37′ and above
- Roller furling main or fully battened main with lazy jacks
- CD Player with saloon and cockpit speakers
- Roller furling genoa
Some of our BVI yacht charter vessels also have the following additional charter yacht equipment included:
- Blender 110V
SUPs & Kayaks are available to rent.
Why not rent SUPs or Kayaks to give that extra dimension to your BVI sailing vacation?
Internet & Adapters
High Speed Internet & Plug Adapters
For wifi provision we work with a company by the name of Renport. You can visit their secure online booking system to confirm and guarantee your reservation for the “Surf 4G Router Pak”. Please ensure that you put “Horizon Yacht Charters” in the notes section.
Please click here for useful information on plug adapters for you electronics.
Complimentary Starter Kit
Upon boarding your yacht for the start of your BVI sailing vacation, you will find we have included a Complimentary Starter Kit provided for your use. This includes:
- Bottle of Rum (Naturally!)
- Bottle of Spring Water
- Dish Liquid
- Roll Paper Towel
- Antibacterial Spray
- Guest Soaps
- Coca Cola
- Complimentary bag of ice
- Condiments (salt & pepper)
- One roll toilet tissue per head/shower
- OFF Insect Repellent
- 2 Trash Bags
Please note that we do not supply snorkel gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can easily rent the full set from Blue Water Divers situated next-door to Horizon Yacht Charters. Visit our watersports page for more information.
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'Enquire
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2017) 'Nova'Terms & Conditions
Weekly rates (full 8 days / 7 nights) listed above daily rates. Charters start and finish at noon. Minimum 5 night requirement.
BVI Charter Rates are subject to change without notice.
Horizon Yacht Charters BVI Charter Rates are listed above. Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, Stereo, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only
*Additional $700 supplement per week applies from Dec 18 – Jan 4
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques, as using a Credit Card will incur a 5% surcharge. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
BVI Charter Rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year min 7 nights + supplements on selected yachts) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. BVI Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 5.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per head per night (minimum of $200.00 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory for $50.00 (max $500) per day and limits your liability to $1000.00 REFUNDABLE security deposit on yacht.
- Skippers are available from $185.00 per day, Instructors from $210.00 per day and Cooks from $160.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Hotel Accommodations throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please check our Accommodations page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
The BVI government may soon implement a 7% Accommodation tax on charters. Should this be implemented in the future the relevant additional fees shall be levied on your charter.
An Environmental levy of $10 per head is payable by all visitors to the BVI on arrival (effective 1st Sept 2017).
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by Horizon Yacht Charters no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to Horizon Yacht Charters reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday. Click Here for more details.
Conditions apply to all charters.