Bavaria 40 (2011) 'Cody'Gallery
Beautifully appointed below, with a wide beam carried well aft and 40ft in length, this Bavaria 40 charter yacht from Horizon Yacht Charters in St Vincent is a very comfortable modern classic. Her large cockpit allows seating for all the crew around the cockpit table. When it is time to set sail, the 40 is quickly under way as all sail controls are led to the cockpit. The Bavaria 40 is simply a pleasure to be aboard. This yacht has built-in GPS, autopilot, and inverter.
Our Bavaria 40 charter yacht is a beautiful yacht – elegant, graceful and uncluttered. She sails very well indeed, is easy to handle and benefits from Bavaria’s superior construction techniques. Below decks, she is bright and roomy. All in all, the Bavaria 40 is an ideal yacht for your St Vincent yacht charter.
Here is an extract of what “Boatpoint” had to say about the Bavaria 40:
“Bavaria’s new 40 cruising yacht departs from previous models with a different exterior and hull shape for things like a giant cockpit. First thing to notice is that this is a twin-wheel boat. To accommodate this, Bavaria has brought more beam aft to give a much wider transom and with that, a wider cockpit. They have then given the boat much more bluff transom which pushes the end of the cockpit farther aft. The overall effect is a cockpit almost the same size as their previous 46-footer – I kid you not. In the marina before our test, we had a 46 parked right next door and I could measure the cockpit sizes – they were nearly identical from the end of the cockpit to the dodger coaming. This has all been achieved with little or no space given up to the interior.”
You can read the complete review from Boatpoint of the Bavaria 40 here.
‘Cody’ was previously in our Antigua fleet, which is why many of the excellent reviews of this yacht are from Antiguan waters.
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 41' / 12.5 m
- Beam (width)
- 13' 1" / 3.99 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Draft (depth)
- 6' / 1.82 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 40 gal / 150 L
- Water capacity
79 gal / 300 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Volvo / Saildrive
- Engine size (standard)
- 40 hp / 29 kW
- No. of engines
- Cruising speed
- 6.5 kts
Conrad and Melissa, March 10th – March 19th 2016
Barbuda and Green Island were our favourites. Best dolphin show ever off Carlisle Bay.
Alan Ross, June 2015
Barbuda was incredible, the beach at Low Bay is the prettiest ever; 11 miles and we were the only boat. Incredible snorkeling at Tuson Rock!
Helen & Milton Mills, April 2016
Thanks for your help and guidance for all things Antigua. We really enjoyed the trip/country/people. All arrived home safely.
Svetalana and Mikhail, November 20th – November 30th 2015
Trip was great! Paul our skipper was very skilled and we did have a good and fun trip to Guadeloupe and back. Excellent Skipper!
David Andrews, February 2015
We had a terrific time and will be back again for sure. You and Al and the staff do a wonderful job.
J. Neuberg, July 2019
Staff very competent, helpful and friendly.
B. Roseberry, November 24th 2019
Jerome is always very helpful and knowledgeable.
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your St Vincent yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for dinghy gas at the charter start and then fuel used at the end of charter at the marina office.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with CD player and aux input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
A complimentary guide is provided with your charter.
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Did you know Horizon’s charters start and finish at noon, which means we can get you out sailing your first afternoon after your briefings and you sail back to our dock to debrief and refuel before your noon departure? This gives you a full 6 nights/7 days chartering around our beautiful islands, unlike some companies that start at 5pm, meaning you will have to sleepaboard* at the docks, and then finish at 10am, again meaning you will probably have to stay overnight on the docks the night before you leave to fly home.
*If available, a sleep aboard can be added the night before your charter start for a small supplement, boarding your yacht after 5pm.
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All St Vincent Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Sleepaboard fees and equipment rental are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Yacht Charter rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year 10 nights) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $150 per night) and $100 per cabin for boats with shore Air Condition (minimum of $200 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohull yachts and $50 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- St Vincent Hotels and St Vincent accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Start charter in Grenada US$1000.00
- Finish charter in Grenada US$800.00
Bookings & Cancellations
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Yacht Charters.
St Vincent Charter rates are subject to change without notice.