Bavaria 40 LE (2013) 'Transitions'Gallery
Our Limited Edition version combines the renowned sailing performance and luxurious comfort of the standard Bavaria 40, with a host of extras defining the 20 limited edition 40’s made by the Bavaria shipyard. Upgraded winches, sails, engine, and a full dashboard of Garmin electronics, including a Sail-pilot and 8-inch Chart-plotter which folds away into the cockpit table, make this Bavaria 40 a cut above the rest.
Below decks, the mahogany joinery and light oak coloured cabin sole, with mocca leatherette upholstery, gives her a classically contemporary styling with all the mod cons – from microwave to blue tooth stereo.
Sail magazine reviewed the Bavaria 40 in 2012, here are some extracts from their review:
- “The cockpit is both comfortable and functional, with long bench seats on either side, high coamings for back support and a fixed table with folding leaves amidships.”
- “Moving forward you’ll find the deck is easy to negotiate…Deck cleats are numerous and well sized. “
- “The aft cabins are well arranged, with a large dressing area, good stowage and a decent amount of vertical clearance over the double berth.”
You can read the full review here.
Yachting Monthly has this to say:
“She’s a very beautiful boat – elegant, graceful and uncluttered. Some will welcome the number of windows and hatches. She sails very well indeed, is easy to handle and benefits from Bavaria’s new beefed-up construction techniques. Below decks, she’s bright and roomy.”
Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Some pictures are library photos, actual charter yacht may differ slightly.
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 40' 4" / 12.3 m
- Beam (width)
- 13' / 3.96 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Draft (depth)
- 5' 5" / 1.65 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 55 gal / 210 L
- Water capacity
95 gal / 360 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Volvo-Penta / Sail Drive
- Engine size (standard)
- 38 hp / 28 kW
- No. of engines
- Cruising speed
- 6.5 kts
- Rig type
- In-mast furling
Cheryl Cooley, March 1st - 8th March 2017
We will definitely be using Horizon in the future. Thank you for all the handy labels (on the line clutches) and for taking good care of your fleet.
Transitions was a pleasure to sail!
Bill Seitz, November 2015
Everyone involved in our charter was outstanding, professional in every way. It made our time very happy and memorable.
Alison Coors, October 12th - October 22nd 2018
The Bavaria 40 monohull was a great boat all around for living aboard and sailing. Everyone at Horizons, especially
Jalon were fabulous. Joanne did an amazing job getting us all set up with the charter. Thanks for an amazing trip and
wonderful memories. 🙂
Chris and Deanna Bailey, December 27th 2019
Thank you for a seamless vacation – so well organized ahead of and upon our arrival to Grenada. We loved how ‘Transitions’ sails, and it’s in-mast furling system too. Everything below deck was clean and comfortable and the kitchen well supplied, including the provisioning – yummy and plentiful.
This was our second visit to sail with Horizon in Grenada because the weather’s ideal, people are wonderfully kind, charter situations’ superb, and there seems always to be plenty of wind to keep us sailing rather than motoring (but not blown off the map either!). ‘Transitions’ is a fabulous sail and Horizon Yacht Charters wonderful.
Maria Viaznikova, 08/02/20
We are very pleased to have Heiden as our Captain/Skipper. He is very knowledgeable, helpful. Answered all out questions, showed us many very interesting places, and he is very knowledgeable at history!
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Did you know Horizon’s charters start and finish at noon, which means we can get you out sailing your first afternoon after your briefings and you sail back to our dock to debrief and refuel before your noon departure? This gives you a full 6 nights/7 days chartering around our beautiful islands, unlike some companies that start at 5pm, meaning you will have to sleepaboard* at the docks, and then finish at 10am, again meaning you will probably have to stay overnight on the docks the night before you leave to fly home.
*If available, a sleep aboard can be added the night before your charter start for a small supplement, boarding your yacht after 5pm.
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except for Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.