Lagoon 450 Flybridge (2018) 'Brie II'Gallery
NOTE! Availability 2019
‘Brie II’ is available for charter in the BVI until 5th July 2019. She will spend the summer at our Grenada Base where she will be available for charter, returning to BVI on 15th November 2019.
Replacing the Lagoon 440 catamaran – that has come to be seen as a benchmark – is no easy task. Lagoon catamarans have been brilliantly successful in creating the new Lagoon 450 Flybridge.
‘Brie II’ benefits from several upgrades in addition to the standard Horizon Charter specification, including the following items for additional comfort:
- Flybridge sun-berths
- Generator and air conditioning
- Quiet-flush electric heads
- Bose sound system
- Additional fridge
- Cockpit Fridge
- 2 forepeak berths plus Salon twin berth
- Flybridge Bimini
Lagoon yachts benefit from the numerous manufacturing techniques:
- infusion-moulding: weight saving (important for a catamaran), best possible structure, protection for the environment and shipyard workers
- interior joinery in Alpi® reconstituted wood in the interests of sustainable development (choice of finishes: light oak or teak)
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun, optimisation of space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- VPLP design: a guarantee of performance under sail!
- and the Nauta touch for elegance and comfort
The Lagoon 450 Flybridge is superbly designed for ease of sailing:
- a steering station on the flybridge with safe access from both sides for perfect visibility and a large sunbathing area
- a spacious cockpit, again ideal for sunbathing, on the same level as the galley, with a ventilation panel
- a second cockpit, making best use of the forward area
- particularly safe and effective transom platforms for coming aboard or accessing the tender
Your comfort is ensured thanks to:
- interior design by Nauta: elegance and functionality
- saloon and cabins exceptionally well lit
- natural light in cabins thanks to large glazed panels on hulls
- “U”-shaped galley for greater comfort at sea
- galley located between cockpit and saloon
- engine compartments remote from the living areas and perfectly insulated
In addition to the 4 double cabins, Brie II also has a twin salon berth and 2 Forepeak berths.
« 19 days! Maybe not a “Route du Rhum” time, but nevertheless a very creditable performance for a voyage from La Rochelle to Pointe à Pitre (3477 miles) in a strictly standard Lagoon 450.” »
Jean-François Tanguy, professional skipper – February 2011
« The sailplan gives the boat enough power to remain fast and dynamic in a wind of less than 10 knots. »
Multicoques magazine, FR / Multihulls World, UK-January 2011
Additional Items provided on Brie II
- 110V outlets throughout
- USB charging outlets in all cabins
- USB and / or BlueTooth connection to boat-wide stereo
- Electric winches
- Remote VHF unit for Flybridge
- 8 man certified liferaft
- High performance square-top mainsail
- Optional Sirius GO satellite connection available
Contact Horizon in BVI today to book your charter on this superb Lagoon 450 Flybridge catamaran!
Photographs and video are library images; actual yacht may differ slightly.
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 45' 10" / 13.96 m
- Beam (width)
- 25' 10" / 7.87 m
- 33,290 lbs / 15,100 kg
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Sail area
- 1,378 ft2 / 128 m2
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 3" / 1.3 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 137 gal / 520 L
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 137 gal / 520 L
- Water capacity
4 x 46 gal / 4 x 175 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / 4JH45
- Engine size (standard)
- 45 hp / 33 kW
- No. of engines
Douglas Herrick, April 13th - April 20th 2018
Our sailing holiday was fantastic. Please thank all the horizon crew for us.
We frequently get asked “what’s included on my BVI yacht charter?”
Well, apart from guaranteed fun on the water when you charter a yacht with Horizon BVI, we hope the following list of charter yacht equipment provides you with a good idea of what you need to bring with you (and what you don’t!)
In addition to the comprehensive equipment lists below, please note all our bareboat catamarans are equipped with on-board Wifi.
Equipment On Board
All of Horizons’ British Virgin Island yachts have the following charter yacht equipment included on board:
- VHF Radio
- 11ft or 12ft R.I.B Dinghy and 9.9hp or 15hp outboard motor
- Charts and VI Guide
- Adult Lifejackets
- BBQ Grill
- Fire Extinguishers
- Through-hull Plugs
- Deck brush
- Cockpit table
- Linens and towels
- Beach towels
- Clothes pegs
- Speedo and depth-sounder
- Wind indicator
- Electric windlass
- Cellular Boatphone
- First Aid Kit
- Flare Kit
- Tool Kit
- Boat Hook
- Signal Horn
- Duct Tape
- Bucket with Lanyard
- Cockpit cushions
- Cooler or deck cooler
- All galley and cooking utensils
- 12V Outlet
- 110 Volt Inverter to charge laptops etc
- Autopilot in all yachts 37′ and above
- Roller furling main or fully battened main with lazy jacks
- CD Player with saloon and cockpit speakers
- Roller furling genoa
Some of our BVI yacht charter vessels also have the following additional charter yacht equipment included:
- Blender 110V
- Wifi (charges apply)
SUPs & Kayaks are available to rent.
Why not rent SUPs or Kayaks to give that extra dimension to your BVI sailing vacation?
Internet & Adapters
High Speed Internet & Plug Adapters
For wifi provision we work with a company by the name of Renport. You can visit their secure online booking system to confirm and guarantee your reservation for the “Surf 4G Router Pak”. Please ensure that you put “Horizon Yacht Charters” in the notes section. Charges apply.
Please click here for useful information on plug adapters for you electronics.
Complimentary Starter Kit
Upon boarding your yacht for the start of your BVI sailing vacation, you will find we have included a Complimentary Starter Kit provided for your use. This includes:
- Bottle of Rum (Naturally!)
- Bottle of Spring Water
- Dish Liquid
- Roll Paper Towel
- Antibacterial Spray
- Guest Soaps
- Coca Cola
- Complimentary bag of ice
- Condiments (salt & pepper)
- One roll toilet tissue per head/shower
- OFF Insect Repellent
- 2 Trash Bags
Please note that we do not supply snorkel gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can easily rent the full set from Blue Water Divers situated next-door to Horizon Yacht Charters. Visit our watersports page for more information.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Weekly rates (full 7 days / 6 nights) listed above daily rates. Charters start and finish at noon. Our minimum charter duration requirement is 5 nights.
BVI Charter Rates are subject to change without notice.
Horizon Yacht Charters BVI Charter Rates are listed above. Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavour to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, the colour of the hull, dodger or bimini.
All yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, Stereo, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only
*Additional $700 supplement per week applies from Dec 18 – Jan 4
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travellers’ cheques, as using a Credit Card will incur a 5% surcharge. Upon return of the vessel, you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
BVI Charter Rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except for Christmas and New Year min 7 nights + supplements on selected yachts) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. BVI Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying onboard your yacht at the dock) with the boarding of your vessel available after 5.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per head per night (minimum of $200.00 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory for $50.00 (max $500) per day and limits your liability to $2000.00 REFUNDABLE security deposit on a yacht.
- Skippers are available from $185.00 per day, Instructors from $210.00 per day and Cooks from $160.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Hotel Accommodations throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please check our Accommodations page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
An Environmental levy of $10 per head is payable by all visitors to the BVI on arrival (effective 1st Sept 2017).
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by Horizon Yacht Charters no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be cancelled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is cancelled within 90 days of the charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to Horizon Yacht Charters reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday. Click Here for more details.
Conditions apply to all charters.
- Cruising Permit $6 pp/pd
- National Parks Permit From $25 per week
- VISAR (Optional) $2 per person
- Mobile phone rental $20 (Duration of charter) Mandatory