Lagoon 450 (2011) 'Taave'Gallery
The stylish galley and saloon is tastefully designed and equipped. The saloon has wrap around windows, providing uninterrupted views during your Grenada yacht charter. This Lagoon 450 also benefits from Air Conditioning powered either by shore power or by a quite generator, located away from sleeping quarters – making for a peaceful night’s sleep.
On deck, the Lagoon 450 boasts extensive seating both forward of the saloon and aft, as well as a large swimming platform, ideal to enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Grenadines. The raised fly bridge gives a panoramic bird’s eye view at anchor and under sail. With a beam of nearly 26 feet, she is very stable, never heeling more than 5 degrees, with wide decks and recessed hatches, to make moving around the yacht a breeze and with enough space for everyone aboard to find their own favourite place to read, sunbathe or simply watch the ever changing seascapes go by. This yacht also benefits from a touch screen chart plotter for ease of navigation.
The spacious cockpit comfortably sits 9 guests around an ample table to make dining al fresco a pleasure. There is a ventilation hatch on the bridge deck, that funnels a cooling breeze into the cockpit area. 4 Double cabins provide spacious accommodation for up to 8 adults. This yacht also has two forward single berths suitable for either children or crew, but please note these cabins do not have AC.
Full height shower stalls add to the comfort and convenience!
For such a spacious yacht, she is surprisingly nimble, and the gullwing shaped bridge deck makes her very comfortable underway – no slapping or slamming aboard this beauty, and you can hop between islands in under an hour, or choose to spend longer under sail – the choice is entirely yours during your cruise through Grenada.
Our Lagoon 450 is truly a superb yacht where the idyllic scenery, changes with every blink of the eye, as you sail through the beautiful island chain of the Grenadines.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters provides on all our Yachts.
Would you like to check availability on this Lagoon 450 for your Grenada yacht charter? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
- Double Cabins
- Single Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 45' 11" / 14 m
- Beam (width)
- 25' 9" / 7.84 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 3" / 1.3 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 132 gal / 500 L
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 132 gal / 500 L
- Water capacity
4 x 46 gal / 4 x 174 L
- Engine size (standard)
- 54 hp / 40 kW
- No. of engines
- Cruising speed
- 6.5 kts
Robert Boyd, December 27th 2017 – January 5th 2018
Great service – customer friendly outfit. Would definitely recommend to others and we will be back!
David Gale, October 19th – October 29th 2017
This is our second time that we have chartered with Horizon and the second time that we have been very pleased.
Dan McGanty, November 12th - November 22nd 2016
Beautiful boat helpful staff and a wonderful sailing ground. We will be back to the Windward Islands soon!
Sheryl Huynh, January 24th - January 31st 2017
Best part of this charter was the Captain, who was not only knowledgeable but helpful, professional and friendly.
Rob Johnston, February 13th – February 20th 2017
Thank You – We had a wonderful week!
Peter Herrmann, May 16th – May 21st 2017
The entire Horizon experience was first class! Boat is in great shape and staff paid particular attention to details.
Patty Loose, May 27th – June 3rd 2017
A wonderful experience for our family, everything from start to finish was easy. Wouldn’t have traded this experience
Steven Weinberg, December 29th 2018 – January 5th 2019
Excellent service by everyone involved. Very welcoming
Rowland Mackenzie, July 2019
Overall we were very, very happy with the boat and Horizon.
Mikilitus, June 22nd - June 29th 2019
The biggest fault was it was too short! We enjoyed out time on the lagoon. We enjoyed the beaches, islands and water activities.
Rowland Mackenzie, July 13th - July 24th 2019
Overall we were very, very happy with the boat and the charter company Horizon.
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Did you know Horizon’s charters start and finish at noon, which means we can get you out sailing your first afternoon after your briefings and you sail back to our dock to debrief and refuel before your noon departure? This gives you a full 6 nights/7 days chartering around our beautiful islands, unlike some companies that start at 5pm, meaning you will have to sleepaboard* at the docks, and then finish at 10am, again meaning you will probably have to stay overnight on the docks the night before you leave to fly home.
*If available, a sleep aboard can be added the night before your charter start for a small supplement, boarding your yacht after 5pm.
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except for Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.