Leopard 46 (2010) 'Marine Venus'Gallery
This spacious Leopard 46 catamaran comes from the designers Robertson and Caine and is always a popular choice for Grenada Yacht Charters.
The Leopard 46 catamaran interior layout integrates an open-plan layout with exceptional volume, offering a comfortable cruising cat with superior performance levels. This luxurious yacht is complete with air-conditioning and provides four well appointed and comfortable double cabins, four heads with showers and an additional single cabin which has access from the foredeck. Instead of dividing the cockpit and saloon into two separate areas, a one-level space integrates the two into an exceptional living area.
The cockpit is big and comfortable, as you’d expect on a boat with a 25-foot beam. An adjustable hatch in the fiberglass bimini opens forward and acts as a windscoop to keep you when relaxing over lunch. Raised to starboard is the helm seat, with room for two and its own bimini; there’s good access to the engine controls, the wheel, and the sheet winches. Wide, flat decks are clear of impediments for ease of movement forward. Large louvers in the forward end of the house restrict sun glare in the interior and are good steps to the cabin top. The anchor and windlass are on the centerline inside a hatch in the bridgedeck. The large trampoline between the hulls forward provides a comfortable place to lounge and enjoy the Caribbean sun!
Access below is through sliding glass doors that essentially extend the saloon into the cockpit at the same level. The galley is large and easily worked; it’s well connected to the cockpit, helm seat, and dinette. The dinette forward provides 360-degree views around the boat and seats eight in comfort. This yacht is designed to stay cool in the Caribbean: Three ports above the dinette in the forward part of the house open for good flow-through ventilation right through to the cockpit.
Above decks, the cockpit, under the shade of a full bimini, provides plenty of space for all guests. The raised helm station allows 360-degree panoramic visibility, centering the main sailing controls in one area. The Leopard 46 catamaran sailing performance, overall layout and supreme ease of handling make ‘Marine Venus’ a superb choice of yacht for your Grenada yacht charter.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters Grenada provides on all our Yachts.
Would you like to check availability on this Leopard 46 catamaran? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 46' 4" / 14.13 m
- Beam (width)
- 24' 10" / 7.57 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 5" / 1.35 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 185 gal / 700 L
- Water capacity
206 gal / 780 L
- Engine size (standard)
- 55 hp / 41 kW
- No. of engines
Tom Vincent , Nov 10 – 20, 2017
Yacht in great shape and sailed well. Nice one way trip from St. Vincent to Grenada
Matthias Schwab , Aug 6 – 20, 2017
Really enjoyed the company of Chris and Linda. Chris is a very experienced and patient sailor. Linda is great company and they both play dominos!
Alan Vieira , July 26 – Aug. 2, 2017
Best time ever!
Rick Gulick, Marine Venus – January 27 – February 6, 2017
Excellent service – Best chart briefing I’ve ever had.
Doug Jacobson, Marine Venus Leopard 46 Catamaran, Feb. 7 – 14, 2015
A great experience – we would charter with you again.
Glenn Dellimore, Marine Venus – May 16 – 21, 2015, Grenada
Todd Hawton, Marine Venus, July 24 – 30, 2015, Grenada
Going to tell people I know about Horizon!!
Simon Wall, Marine Venus – April 17 – 24, 2016
Excellent boat, Helpful staff, Excellent Value
Don Allebach, Marine Venus – March 20 - 27, 2016
Grenada is one of our favourite bases. We will most likely try St. Vincent or Antigua over the next few years.
Rene Aebi, Marine Venus – March 6 - 18, 2016
Thank you for the perfect support! It was a great vacation!
Kendall Langford, April 1 - 7, 2017
The family are not natural sailors so we were a bit apprehensive but we had a great trip. The skipper was very helpful and really helped with the kids. We had a great time!
Andrea Suzzi, April 13 – 27, 2017
Good boat, Great area, Great holiday
Elizabeth Greenman, May 27 – June 3, 2017
We loved our trip! Skipper was fantastic. We did so many things in our week we felt we really experienced the area fully. We had zero issues
Eric Dyce, Grenada, Jan 2019
Great trip. We loved the office staff and marina personnel. Our chef, Joe, made it especially wonderful – we highly recommend her.
Don Allebach, 9th-16th March 2019
My wife & I have sailed with Horizon in Grenada many times. This trip we brought kids & grandkids. As usual staff & service were wonderful. We’re so glad to be able to share our Grenada experience with our family.
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.