Lagoon 42 (2018) 'Island Life'Gallery
Our Lagoon 42 charter catamaran is the newest member of the Lagoon family and has style and a strong personality.
While keeping a family resemblance and retaining the main features of the latest generation of Lagoons, the Lagoon 42 charter catamaran shows us a new path: unhurried evolution, a new “organic” approach, in search of harmony between living space and man. An elegant silhouette, flowing curves which, by virtue of a noticeable acceleration of the lines in the bows and in the new coachroof design, emphasise the powerful and dynamic nature of this new model… A VPLP design naturally, a guarantee of performance under sail!
A COSY COCKPIT, WITH SMOOTH, ELEGANT CURVES
A single level from the aft platform to the saloon: a structural “revolution”. Entirely new ergonomics that ensure excellent use of space and ease of circulation on board, A large glazed door that occupies the entire width of the coachroof, and provides access to the unparalleled internal volumes. The suspended steps at the transom provide a whole new perception of the boat: a continuous, wide and inviting platform, worthy of a large vessel.
AN INGENIOUS DECK LAYOUT
The mast moved further aft and the self-tacking jib, a guarantee of performance under sail and ease of handling, provide the ability to bring all operations together in one place.
AN ERGONOMIC HELMING STATION
At the coachroof bulkhead, offering many advantages: direct communication between the cockpit and saloon, improved circulation, forward and aft of the helming station, direct access to the coachroof for easier access to the boom, a composite bimini with a sliding panel to ensure a good view of the sails, a closure panel for helming station safety when under way.
Please also review the list of included equipment and amenities Horizon Yacht Charters provides on all our Yachts.
Would you like to check availability on this Lagoon 42 charter catamaran? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in Grenada and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 42' / 12.8 m
- Beam (width)
- 25' 3" / 7.7 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 1" / 1.25 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Water capacity
159 gal / 600 L
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Saildrive
- Engine size (standard)
- 54 hp / 40 kW
- No. of engines
Michael Loesch, June 2 - 8, 2018
We love Horizon! Island Life was a fantastic boat! Thank you to all your staff and crew for helping us have a great vacation.
Neil Landy, June 24 – July 3, 2018
Great boat, Great service, Good value!! All personnel from Grenada were unbelievably helpful with prompt service – recommended highly.
Jeff Wynn, July 12 – 22, 2018
Had a great time on Island Life!
Scott Wilson, November 22 – December 1, 2018
Great place! Great Team!
James Dunn, January 18 - 24, 2019
Great new boat is in A+ condition. HYC staff is a very knowledge and helpful
Martin Clifford, February 13 - 20, 2019
Greg and Laura did a fabulous job. Greg always left us with a feeling of confidence aboard and Laura’s food was fantastic.
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your Grenada yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for fuel used at the end of charter, including dinghy gas. Fuel is provided on our dock.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with aux and/ or USB input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base for US$25 per week.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 15
Find Your Rate
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All Grenada Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Rates shown above are for 7 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboards (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $200.00 per night and $100 per cabin for boats with shore AC), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohulls and $50.00 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Grenada Hotels and Grenada accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our Grenada accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$1,200.00
- Start charter in St Vincent US$1000.00
- Finish charter in St Vincent US$800.00
- Start charter in Union Island US$700.00
- Finish charter in Union Island US$600.00
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Charters.
Grenada Charter rates are subject to change without notice.