Lagoon 400 Catamaran (2016) 'Larimar'Gallery
After seeing over 260 boats built in three years, the Lagoon 400 catamaran boasts a superb level of comfort and is resolutely modern.
Our Lagoon 400 charter catamaran is designed for coastal or ocean cruises. It can comfortably accommodate 8 with its double cabins, elegantly fitted, spacious interior, and her cockpit and salon on the same level.
Space and comfort
- Luxurious and modern with its Alpi® grey oak finished cabinets, and Milano laminate flooring.
- Even more spacious with the redesigned layout of the salon.
- High level of comfort with widened double berths in owner and guest cabins.
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and height below deck
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
- rigid bimini flush with the coachroof for cleaner lines and better protection against the sun
- easy and safe movement around rear deck
- transom platforms for easy and safe boarding
- cockpit and saloon are on the same level
- Direct communication from the helm position to the cockpit
- plenty of natural light in saloon and cabins (large hull windows)
- excellent ventilation in all parts of the boat
- large owner’s cabin with plenty of stowage
- galley located between cockpit and saloon
- forward cabins include a double bed that converts into twin beds
- engine compartments are far from the living areas and perfectly insulated
« The Lagoon 400 is a true sailboat. During our trial in Chesapeake Bay, the fact of having two hulls with a pretty powerful combination of sails (gennaker and mainsail), allowed us to reach 5.2 knots reaching in 7-knots of wind. »
Cruising World, USA – March 2010
Contact us today to make your reservation on our Lagoon 400 charter catamaran.
- Double Cabins
- Max People
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 39' 4" / 11.9888 m
- Beam (width)
- 23' 11" / 7.3 m
- 22,531 lbs / 10,220 kg
- Headroom in saloon
- 6' 11" / 2.1 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Draft (depth)
- 3' 11" / 1.2 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 106 gal / 400 L
- Water capacity
79 gal / 300 L
- Engine size (standard)
- 40 hp / 29 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 66' 7" / 20.3 m
- Electric genoa winches
- Electric mainsail winch
- Bow Thruster
Jason Watson, March 2nd - March 10th 2019
Perfect experience all around from beginning to end!
Robert Bennett, April 6th - April 15th 2019
Just a fantastic trip on a very comfortable yacht. Would not have changed a thing.
Charlie Scrobola, July 21st - July 27th 2019
Just wanted to drop you a quick note on the trip. It was FABULOUS!! We had a fantastic time!! The boat was wonderful and Brian, our captain, was wonderful!
We plan on doing another one in the future. Just wanted to thank you for all your help!
Susan Jansen, Crewed charter 23 Nov to 7 Dec 2021
Greg, Laura and Lisa make it all seamless and perfect. Will be back ASAP
Nigel Hodges , St Vincent Dec 2022
Great week with Greg aboard Larimar. Pity we didn’t have more luck with the fishing!
This is my fourth trip to The Grenadines and second with Horizon, and all have been memorable and relaxing. So absolutely no complaints.
Aaron Boudreau, December 2022
Blue Lagoon and Marina (location from the airport) all easy and convenient. Best way to quickly get to the Grenadines. Staff, planning, communication all top notch. Will do again
Eric Shealy, March 2023 - ASA Training with Brian Mascoll
You guys run a quality outfit! We thought Brian was an excellent instructor as well as always attentive and thoughtful
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your St Vincent yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for dinghy gas at the charter start and then fuel used at the end of charter at the marina office.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with CD player and aux input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
A complimentary guide is provided with your charter.
For Wi-Fi internet for your charter, we recommend Renport® SMART 4G LTE PORTABLE WINWARD ROUTER for your charter in St. Vincent and the Grenadines available for direct delivery and return within the United States. Make your booking weeks in advance not less than fourteen (14) days before your travel or charter start date. For more information or to make a confirmed booking please visit their secure booking website.
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 24
If you would like to receive a copy of this yacht's specification please enter your name and email address and it will be sent to you directly.
Yacht Specific Conditions
LOA 39′ 3″ (11.96 m.)
LWL 37′ 7″ (11.46 m.)
Beam 23′ 9″ (7.24 m.)
Draft 4′ 0″ (1.22 m.)
Sail Area (main, jib) 952 sq. ft. (88.4 sq. m.)
Displacement 22,817 lb. (10,350 kg.)
Water 79 gal. (299 l.)
Fuel 106 gal. (401 l.)
Holding (two heads) 44 gal. (85 l.)
Mast Height 66′ 7″ (20.29 m.)
Engine Two 30-hp. Yanmars
Designers Marc Van Peteghem,
Vincent Lauriot Prévost
Find Your Rate Check out our special offers
Did you know Horizon’s charters start and finish at noon? This means we can get you out sailing your first afternoon after your briefings – remember to watch your video briefings to speed up your check out! At the end of your trip, you sail back to Nanny Cay to refuel and debrief before your noon departure. This gives you a full 6 nights/7 days chartering around our beautiful islands, unlike some companies that start at 5pm, meaning you will have to sleepaboard* at the docks, and then finish at 10am, again meaning you will probably have to stay overnight on the docks the night before you leave to fly home.
*If available, a sleep aboard can be added the night before your charter start for a small supplement, boarding your yacht after 5pm.
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All St Vincent Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Sleepaboard fees and equipment rental are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Yacht Charter rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year 10 nights) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $150 per night) and $100 per cabin for boats with shore Air Condition (minimum of $200 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohull yachts and $50 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- St Vincent Hotels and St Vincent accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Start charter in Grenada US$1000.00
- Finish charter in Grenada US$800.00
Bookings & Cancellations
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Yacht Charters.
St Vincent Charter rates are subject to change without notice.
Super Tender your Vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters!
Licensed for 6 persons, this 15ft RIB with 60HP Yamaha outboard will get you and your crew to snorkelling spots and the beach in style and comfort.
Make your charter yacht vacation a breeze – enjoy the comfort of being able to tie up your yacht for the night and then continue exploring the surrounding bays! You can pick up your mooring ball at the Bight and then head to the Indians or the Caves for a snorkel. If you visit the Dogs, there’s no need to choose only one snorkel spot for your lunch stop, zip around them all! A swim ladder makes boarding easy from the water.
For popular spots where it’s trickier to find a mooring, the RIB is the perfect alternative. Settle into Great Harbour, Jost Van Dyke for the night and then take the RIB to White Bay for the afternoon to enjoy painkillers without the hassle of finding a mooring ball or having to move your yacht for the night.
The North Sound boasts a selection of some of the best dining options in the BVI. There’s no need to settle for only one spot when you have the RIB. Pick up provisions from Leverick Bay, enjoy the plunge pool at Nova in Deep Bay, and then zip back to the sound for sundowners at Saba Rock before enjoying dinner at The Bitter End.
If you have a mix of snorkelers, beachgoers, shoppers and sailors onboard then give your group flexibility by taking the standard dinghy included in your charter as well. This will also remove the need to make multiple dinghy trips ashore for larger groups.
Get more out of your sailing vacation with Horizon- ‘Super Tender’ it!
Contact our reservations team for more information. Exclusively available only to Horizon Charter guests.