Nautitech Fly 46 Catamaran (2019) 'Quiet Flight'Gallery
Horizon Yacht Charters in the BVI is delighted to present our Nautitech Fly 46 catamaran.
Let’s start at the top! The Nautitech Fly 46 catamaran seats 10 with ease on the upper deck and has a vast amount more space here than any other cat in her class.
The Fly 46 is luxuriously appointed throughout, with beautiful light oak joinery, a hard wearing walnut synthetic veneer cabin sole, and the signature “Open’ concept cockpit, that combines with the saloon, to give a huge, single level space, for true panoramic sailing and living. Uniquely, the 46 has 6 interior showers in this 4 double cabin configuration. In addition to the 4 heads with showers, each hull also has a dedicated shower cubicle – perfect if you want to keep the heads as ‘dry areas’, or you need to get 6 teenagers to a dinner reservation on time. There are single berths in the forepeaks.
This Nautitech Fly 46 catamaran has a roller-furling mainsail with battens. A self-tacking jib makes life simple, and you can be under full sail, single-handed in under a minute. Add horsepower with an optional gennaker* flown off the bowsprit. With the downwind sail set on a continuous furler, it is as easy as rolling out your jib.
Amongst the many Horizon specific features are:
- Air Conditioning (40,000 BTU) powered by a 9KW Onan Generator
- 4 Cabin + 2 Forepeak berths with room for 10
- 4 Separate electric heads with showers + two additional shower cubicles
- Saloon has Leather couch, Dining Table, plus a chaise longue
- Front opening windows for ventilation
- Dimmable LED main and accent lights throughout
- 2 Drawer 182L Refrigerator, a 61L Freezer, and in counter 85L drink ice box
- FUSION Marine Audio with Bluetooth, Salon, cockpit, and Fly Bridge Speakers
- Fly Bridge/Sails
- Self-Tacking Solent Jib makes sailing easy
- Rolling Furler battened Main sail perfect for the short trips in the BVI’s
- B and G Zeus 12 inch Chart Plotter at helm/GPS/Autopilot
- Electric windlass control
- Electric Winch at Helm for sheet and traveler control
- Two 50hp Volvo Penta Engines
- 36 L Fridge and Teak Table with Seating for 10 on Fly Bridge with blue LED Courtesy Lighting
- Full coverage bimini for Fly Bridge
- Teak table makes into an outside bed or can be enclosed
- Front deck lounge area with bar storage and seating for 4
- 12ft Dinghy with 15hp motor
The 46 Fly sailed at 16 knots on delivery from the factory. Andrew Thompson, Director of Horizon, who sailed one from La Rochelle to Southampton, commented that she was incredibly well mannered and easy to sail in double digits, and knows there is a lot more in the tank!
“We averaged 8.75 knots over the final 100 miles. This is a cat with the best bridge deck in class, a beautiful interior, first class construction, that gets up and seriously goes, with no fuss at all. The roller furling main minimises effort setting sail, maximises sailing time, and has minimal detrimental impact on performance. In fact, the designer, Marc Lombard, stated that there is no performance difference above 16 knots true wind. So you get the best of both worlds – ease of use, and good performance”.
Would you like to check availability on this Nautitech Fly 46 catamaran? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away!
Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here. We offer a try before you buy on this yacht – charter her for up to a week and if you purchase her within 3 months we’ll deduct the cost of your charter from the purchase price. Only one 2019 model available!
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in the British Virgin Islands and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
Some library images, actual yacht may differ slightly. *surcharge applies for gennaker package.
- Double Cabins
- Single Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 45' / 13.71 m
- Beam (width)
- 24' 9" / 7.54 m
- 25,133 lbs / 11,400 kg
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Sail area
- 1,152 ft2 / 107 m2
- Draft (depth)
- 4' 9" / 1.45 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 79 gal / 300 L
- Water capacity
2 x 79 gal / 2 x 300 L
- Engine make
- Volvo Penta
- Engine size (standard)
- 50 hp / 37 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 75' 2" / 22.9 m
- Rig type
- In-mast furling
N. Radloff, February 2019
We’ve chartered with two other companies, and this is our 8th charter with Horizon; your service, fleet, everything! is the best.
R S Burns, March 2019
I wanted to say that our trip was fantastic in every way. Our Captain, Arthur and Chef Jenny were full of talent, creative, adventurous and sensitive to our every want and need. We had a ball! Also, the boat was beyond great , comfortable, roomy beautifully constructed and yes, luxurious in every way. Thank you and everyone for giving us a trip of a lifetime!! Cheers
Ron Burns, March 10th - March 17th 2019
The best sailing week ever – Arthur & Jenny were the greatest, the boat fabulous!
We frequently get asked “what’s included on my BVI yacht charter?”
Well, apart from guaranteed fun on the water when you charter a yacht with Horizon BVI, we hope the following list of charter yacht equipment provides you with a good idea of what you need to bring with you (and what you don’t!)
In addition to the comprehensive equipment lists below, please note all our bareboat catamarans are equipped with on-board Wifi.
Equipment On Board
All of Horizons’ British Virgin Island yachts have the following charter yacht equipment included on board:
- VHF Radio
- 11ft or 12ft R.I.B Dinghy and 9.9hp or 15hp outboard motor
- Charts and VI Guide
- Adult Lifejackets
- BBQ Grill
- Fire Extinguishers
- Through-hull Plugs
- Deck brush
- Cockpit table
- Linens and towels
- Beach towels
- Clothes pegs
- Speedo and depth-sounder
- Wind indicator
- Electric windlass
- Cellular Boatphone
- First Aid Kit
- Flare Kit
- Tool Kit
- Boat Hook
- Signal Horn
- Duct Tape
- Bucket with Lanyard
- Cockpit cushions
- Cooler or deck cooler
- All galley and cooking utensils
- 12V Outlet
- 110 Volt Inverter to charge laptops etc
- Autopilot in all yachts 37′ and above
- Roller furling main or fully battened main with lazy jacks
- CD Player with saloon and cockpit speakers
- Roller furling genoa
Some of our BVI yacht charter vessels also have the following additional charter yacht equipment included:
- Blender 110V
- Wifi (charges apply)
SUPs & Kayaks are available to rent.
Why not rent SUPs or Kayaks to give that extra dimension to your BVI sailing vacation?
Internet & Adapters
High Speed Internet & Plug Adapters
For wifi provision we work with a company by the name of Renport. You can visit their secure online booking system to confirm and guarantee your reservation for the “Surf 4G Router Pak”. Please ensure that you put “Horizon Yacht Charters” in the notes section. Charges apply.
Please click here for useful information on plug adapters for you electronics.
Complimentary Starter Kit
Upon boarding your yacht for the start of your BVI sailing vacation, you will find we have included a Complimentary Starter Kit provided for your use. This includes:
- Bottle of Rum (Naturally!)
- Bottle of Spring Water
- Dish Liquid
- Roll Paper Towel
- Antibacterial Spray
- Guest Soaps
- Coca Cola
- Complimentary bag of ice
- Condiments (salt & pepper)
- One roll toilet tissue per head/shower
- OFF Insect Repellent
- 2 Trash Bags
Please note that we do not supply snorkel gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can easily rent the full set from Blue Water Divers situated next-door to Horizon Yacht Charters. Visit our watersports page for more information.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Weekly rates (full 7 days / 6 nights) listed above daily rates. Charters start and finish at noon. Our minimum charter duration requirement is 5 nights.
BVI Charter Rates are subject to change without notice.
Horizon Yacht Charters BVI Charter Rates are listed above. Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavour to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, the colour of the hull, dodger or bimini.
All yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, Stereo, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only
*Additional $700 supplement per week applies from Dec 18 – Jan 4
May we advise that HDW insurance, Cruising Permits and National Parks Permit are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travellers’ cheques, as using a Credit Card will incur a 5% surcharge. Upon return of the vessel, you are required to top off the water and fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
BVI Charter Rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except for Christmas and New Year min 7 nights + supplements on selected yachts) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. BVI Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying onboard your yacht at the dock) with the boarding of your vessel available after 5.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per head per night (minimum of $200.00 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory for $50.00 (max $500) per day and limits your liability to $2000.00 REFUNDABLE security deposit on a yacht.
- Skippers are available from $185.00 per day, Instructors from $210.00 per day and Cooks from $160.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- Hotel Accommodations throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please check our Accommodations page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
An Environmental levy of $10 per head is payable by all visitors to the BVI on arrival (effective 1st Sept 2017).
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by Horizon Yacht Charters no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be cancelled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is cancelled within 90 days of the charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to Horizon Yacht Charters reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday. Click Here for more details.
Conditions apply to all charters.
- Cruising Permit $6 pp/pd
- National Parks Permit From $25 per week
- VISAR (Optional) $2 per person
- Mobile phone rental $20 (Duration of charter) Mandatory