Fountaine Pajot Helia 44 (2013) 'Maple Cookie'Gallery
The designers have achieved a level deck to walk between the cockpit and the saloon, which opens up to give a true al fresco ambience to the saloon at anchor, and terrific communication and conviviality between the saloon, cockpit and helm position underway. The helm position is unique, in the way that it is both part of the cockpit, and part of the upper deck, which enables the skipper ( and two others) to sit at the helm, with unhindered 360 degree vision, whilst at the same time, being connected with the crew and activity in the saloon and cockpit. Next to the helm position is a sun deck, which makes for very sociable sailing.
All sailing control lines are led back to the winches just forward of the helm position on the Fountaine Pajot Helia 44. The design here allows Captain or crew to handle the sails, without cluttering the helm position itself with lines. With a powerful autopilot, and an electric winch to hoist the mainsail, this yacht is easily sailed short-handed, and her 1237 sq.ft of sail area, coupled with a 10.8-ton displacement, and outstanding bridge deck clearance, makes her fast and comfortable under sail.
Forty-four feet long, over twenty-four feet wide, the Fountaine Pajot Helia 44 boasts 4 double cabins, 4 heads and showers, and two single berths forward accessed from the deck. Through their long affiliation with Fountaine-Pajot, Beret Racoupeau have poured all their catamaran design expertise into the Helia. Boarding at the stern, you are greeted by wide open transoms, (one with a swimming ladder) with spacious steps that lead to a cockpit that has seating for eight to ten persons at the cockpit table.
The owner of “Maple Cookie” has specified some very nice upgrades – an uber quiet generator, air conditioning throughout, a comprehensive, intuitive, Garmin electronics package with a 12 inch and 8 inch chartplotter…………and to ensure you best sailing charter ever – a Bose sound system and underwater LED lights to illuminate the iridescent fish of the St Vincent at night. What more could you ask for?
To avoid friends and family being disappointed, we suggest you book her immediately, as we only have one “Maple Cookie” in the jar.
Would you like to check availability on this Fountaine Pajot Helia 44? Submit a Request Form and we will advise straight away! Perhaps you would like to buy this yacht or something similar? Visit our yacht sales pages here.
So join Horizon Yacht Charters in St Vincent and enjoy the Caribbean sailing vacation of your dreams!
This yacht is available with or without air-conditioning. If you would like to charter this yacht without air-conditioning US$500 will be deducted from your charter rate.
- Double Cabins
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 43' 8" / 13.3 m
- Beam (width)
- 24' 3" / 7.4 m
- Air Conditioning
- Solar Panels
- Water Maker
- Draft (depth)
- 3' 9" / 1.15 m
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 124 gal / 470 L
- Water capacity
185 gal / 700 L
- Engine size (standard)
- 40 hp / 29 kW
- No. of engines
- Cruising speed
- 6.5 kts
- Rig type
- Conventional mast
Larry Lewis, March 2016
“Maple Cookie” Fountaine Pajot, Helia) was by far and above the best yacht we have chartered over the past 12 years!
The layout for sailing, winches, getting around the exterior, the interior salon and cabins was pretty much perfect. Lines were all clearly labeled, (I usually bring my own tape and markers) so took very little time for the crew to learn the system. The elect 2 speed winch was perfect! Reef was fast set up for and easy to use. The dingy was larger and had a motor that we could actually get someplace fast, thanks so much since that is always a concern with us.
The cabin ventilation was the best of any other charter. No-one had any problems and we didn’t even need the A.C. Another best of, the refrigeration and freezer. First time we didn’t waste food. Fridges were large and kept the food fresh the entire 8 nights and freezer kept all the ice frozen! That’s a first!
The final best of is I did not have to fix anything! Nada, First time I didn’t spend hours fixing a water pump, wiring, lines, loose bolts, or something. Overall, I can’t think of anything negative. We had no problems and everyone on-board agreed this was one of the best charters we have had to date.
Thanks to Everyone on the staff for their help on every minute detail!
What’s included in my yacht charter?
We want your sailing vacation with Horizon Yacht Charters to be as relaxing as possible. So, to help you prepare for your holiday charter we provide a handy starter kit – the following list gives you a good idea of what’s included on our comprehensively equipped yachts so you know what you may need to bring with you – and perhaps more importantly, what you don’t!
You may also enjoy our blog post on packing pointers for your sailing vacation.
Your St Vincent yacht charter will include:
- A complimentary starter kit on arrival containing such things as a bottle of rum, coke, water, wash up liquid, small soaps, paper napkins, trash bags, 1 roll toilet paper per head, matches and a bag of ice in the fridge
- Linens and towels (beach, bath, face & hand) for your use during the charter, as well as spares should you wish to change sheets or need more towels.
- We provide you with printed clearance forms for your use so you don’t need to fill them in or bring your own.
- Full fuel and water tanks at the start of charter. You will pay for dinghy gas at the charter start and then fuel used at the end of charter at the marina office.
Our yachts are extremely well equipped for your comfort and a short list of equipment is below. Please note equipment can vary from boat to boat, especially from the smallest to biggest. Please don’t hesitate to ask, and we can normally accommodate extra requests at a small fee depending on the item.
- Chart plotter. All our boats have plotters, many of them are mounted at the wheel. For makes and models please ask.
- Other electronics – depth and speed, and in most cases wind instruments.
- All boats either carry a built in inverter or a small portable unit. Most boats are 110V but some are 220V. These days most charging equipment/ laptops etc. will take dual voltage.
- Safety equipment. All our boats are well equipped with lifejackets, liferaft, flares, fire extinguishers, fire blanket, VHF radio, through hull plugs, first aid kit, flashlights.
- Navigation equipment – charts, nav tools, binoculars.
- Dinghy and outboard motor, normally 5hp for monohulls and 9.8 or 15hp for cats.
- BBQ Grill (charcoal)
- Bimini and in most boats a dodger
- Electric windlass on all boats
- Refrigeration and bigger boats may also have a freezer
- Pillows, linens and towels
- Clothes pegs
- Stereo with CD player and aux input for i-pod or storage device
- Tool Kit
- Cockpit cushions
- All galley and cooking utensils
- Cigarette Lighter Outlet 12V
A complimentary guide is provided with your charter.
Please note that we do not supply complimentary Snorkel Gear. We suggest you bring your own mask and snorkel to ensure a good fit, or you can rent a reasonable quality set from us for US$15 per week. This can be done at base on arrival, no need to book.
Fishing rods and tackle can be rented at our base.
The Custom and Immigration crew list copies are provided. You can click here for useful information on plug adapters.
Nov 1 - Dec 17
Jan 31 - Apr 19
Find Your Rate
Key: C = Cabins, H = Heads, AC = Air Conditioning, S = Skipper first day only.
Yacht photographs and specifications act as a guide and are for information purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure that images are accurate reflections of the yachts in our Grenada charter fleet, certain aspects may vary slightly, such as yacht deck, colour of hull, dodger or bimini.
All St Vincent Charter Yachts come with rigid inflatables & outboards, biminis, BBQ, CD, GPS, linens, towels, safety & galley equipment etc. See What’s Included for a full list.
May we advise that HDW insurance, Sleepaboard fees and equipment rental are payable before departure from the dock in cash or travelers’ cheques. Upon return of the vessel you are required to top off the fuel tanks, which you receive full upon boarding the vessel.
Yacht Charter rates shown above are for 6 nights per vessel (min 5 nights except Christmas and New Year 10 nights) with the additional daily rate should you wish to add nights. Charters start and finish at noon. Sleep-aboard (the option of staying on board your yacht at the dock) with boarding of your vessel available after 6.00 pm, can sometimes be added to the start of your charter at an extra charge of $75.00 per cabin per night (minimum of $150 per night) and $100 per cabin for boats with shore Air Condition (minimum of $200 per night), depending upon yacht availability.
- Hull Damage Waiver Insurance is compulsory at $50.00 per day (max $500) for monohull yachts and $50 per day (max $500) for catamarans. This limits your liability to $2000.00 which is taken as a REFUNDABLE security deposit on the yacht.
- Skippers are available from $160.00 per day, ASA Instructors from $185.00 per day and Cooks from $140.00 per day (plus food and gratuity).
- Provisioning – please refer to our provisioning page for more information.
- Windsurfing, kayaks, hammock rentals, SCUBA gear or other water-sports are all available at competitive rates. Click here for more information.
- St Vincent Hotels and St Vincent accommodation throughout the islands can be arranged. Most major credit cards accepted. Please visit our accommodation page for more information.
- Learn to Sail – we are an ASA affiliated Instructing Facility – please request more details on our courses or click here for more information.
One way fees 2017 – 2018 (from October 1st 2017)
- Start charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Finish charter in St Lucia US$600.00
- Start charter in Grenada US$1000.00
- Finish charter in Grenada US$800.00
Bookings & Cancellations
Bookings and Cancellations – We require a 50% deposit to confirm the reservation and the balance due of 50% should be received by HYC no later than 45 days prior to charter start date. A full refund less a $200.00 administration fee is given should the reservation be canceled in writing up to 90 days prior to the charter start date. If the charter is canceled within 90 days of charter start date, then a full refund (less $200.00) is made subject to HYC reselling the charter space reserved.
Trip Cancellation Insurance: We strongly recommended this as it protects you should anything unforeseen occur before your holiday.
Conditions Apply to all Yacht Charters.
St Vincent Charter rates are subject to change without notice.